When you hear “as cool as a cucumber”, doesn’t it make you wonder if there are other vegetable attributes? You know, as sensitive as a tomato, as difficult as a mango, as sophisticated as an aubergine, as uncaring as a fig?
OK, maybe I should leave my comedy routine to the bananas and go back into the kitchen to show you how to make a delicious, fresh cucumber salad. This recipe uses my “Sarah’s Home on the Ranch” dip mix, which shows you again that most of my products have multiple uses.
3 large cucumbers, well washed but not peeled
1 large white onion
¼ c olive oil
¼ c white vinegar
½ t sea salt
1 ½ t “Sarah’s Home on the Ranch” seasoning blend by Your Spice of Life*
* or substitute dill, parsley and black pepper, to taste
- Slice the cucumbers as thinly as possible, and place in a large bowl
- Slice the onions into very thin, long strips and add to cucumbers
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and seasoning, mixing well
- Add to cucumber mixture and stir to coat well.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to allow flavors to meld.