Summer is full of picnics, BBQ’s and outdoors celebrations, with traditional foods like burgers, hotdogs and potato salad. Haven’t you ever craved something a little different?
Fresh, cool dill cucumber salad is the perfect answer. It’s quick and easy to make, refreshing, and holds up well because there is no mayonnaise to worry about.
The star ingredient that gives this salad so much flavor is Sarah’s Home on The Ranch Dip Mix. Yes, dip mix!
When you hear “as cool as a cucumber”, doesn’t it make you wonder if there are other vegetable attributes? You know, as sensitive as a tomato, as difficult as a mango, as sophisticated as an aubergine, as uncaring as a fig?
OK, maybe I should leave my comedy routine to the bananas and go back into the kitchen to show you how to make a delicious, fresh cucumber salad. This recipe uses my “Sarah’s Home on the Ranch” dip mix, which shows you again that most of my products have multiple uses.
3 large cucumbers, well washed but not peeled
1 large white onion
¼ c olive oil
¼ c white vinegar
½ t sea salt
1 ½ t “Sarah’s Home on the Ranch” seasoning blend by Your Spice of Life*
* or substitute dill, parsley and black pepper, to taste
- Slice the cucumbers as thinly as possible, and place in a large bowl
- Slice the onions into very thin, long strips and add to cucumbers
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, salt and seasoning, mixing well
- Add to cucumber mixture and stir to coat well.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to allow flavors to meld.